Personalized memory care for your loved one.
We believe that life is to be lived fully for all of our days. That memory loss does not have to steal our joy. That families seeking care, support, and understanding will find what they need here.Contact Us
Memory Care at Miami Jewish Health
Each family is different, but all who come to us realize their loved one can no longer live safely without watchful care. This is a difficult time, and we do everything we can to make it easier. That’s why we:
- Welcome residents of all ages at all different stages of memory loss – from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Get to know your loved one as a unique, multifaceted, and valued individual.
- Develop individual memory care plans specific to your loved one’s needs, likes, wants and interests.
- Provide access to a family support group through MIND Institute at Miami Jewish Health.
- Stay current with the latest research, treatments, and recommendations from MIND Institute.
Call (305) 560-5531 or fill out our contact form to arrange a no-obligation evaluation of your loved one’s memory care needs. We are here to help.
Experience, Knowledge and Compassion
We are experts in the various stages of memory loss and cognitive decline. Only carefully trained employees are assigned to our memory care floor at our assisted living community in Hazel Cypen Tower. Each understands the intricacies and nuances of our work, including the importance of familiarity and trust. Our team includes:
- Nurses and certified nursing assistants who work consistent shifts.
- A housekeeper who is dedicated to the memory care floor.
- An EmpathiCareSM manager who supports our innovative care model.
Safe and Comfortable Surroundings
The first thing that you will notice about our memory care community is the safe and comfortable surroundings that make for dignified and graceful apartment living. Each private suite is tastefully furnished and includes a bathroom, emergency response system, and cable TV. You may also bring your own furnishings instead. Memory care residents live on a secure floor with its own dining room, activity area and interior courtyard. Each resident is also fitted with a bracelet that restricts elevator access.
All daily needs are included in the memory care package. Residents receive three meals, along with snacks and beverages. They have full access to all of our activities and services.
Family visits are an important part of your loved one’s care plan. We encourage you to visit, get to know the employees and care team, and explore our beautiful campus. You should also plan some off-campus trips to favorite places. Keeping your loved one engaged is important to happiness and good health.
Activities and Special Events
Residents are encouraged to stay engaged in ways that stimulate the mind and body. That means music, memory exercises, aromatherapy, pet therapy, tai chi, yoga, chair exercises, and other activities scientifically proven to support brain health. We also arrange for trips to the beach, cultural events, religious services, and more. Each resident is partnered with an aide for safety whenever they leave the memory care floor.
Health and Wellness
One of the greatest advantages of choosing Hazel Cypen Tower at Miami Jewish Health for memory care is the availability of on-campus health services for preventive and specialty care. We also watch for any physical or behavioral changes that seem out of place and arrange for a doctor visit outside of regular appointments, as well as provide secure medication management and distribute medications only as prescribed.
Memory Care Suites
Private suites in our safe Memory Care Floor
- 17'x11' or 16'x14' Living Areas
- 6'x5' Private Bathrooms or 6'x6' Shared Bathrooms